Welcome

Welcome, nau mai, haere mai!
Come on in and stay a little while. . . you never know what you might find!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Love. . . is a fearsome thing!

 "Love is a fearsome thing
It pays no mind to the colour of your skin or your gender
Love is a power so fierce and tender
Flies on its own sweet wing
Oh, love is a fearsome thing."

That's the chorus from the song "Love is a fearsome thing" by Australian folk singer Judy Small. It's not my favourite Judy Small song by any means, but it is one that whirrs around in my head from time to time, maybe because it is so relevant to my own situation! You see, I'm the "rainbow sheep" of the family:


Photo courtesy of 14 rainbows in strange places

Anyway, I just wanted to send a bit of love to my family - both to my lovely wife and son, and to my parents and extended family, many of whom I don't get to see very often as we live on opposite sides of the planet - but guess what? I love you!!!

Tragic events like the recent Christchurch earthquake remind you that there is nothing as important as the people that you love. My all-time favourite Māori proverb (Whakataukī) echoes this sentiment. . .

"He aha te mea nui o te ao?
 He tangata! He tangata! He tangata!"

"What is the most important thing in the world?
It is people! It is people! It is people!"

No comments:

Post a Comment