Welcome

Welcome, nau mai, haere mai!
Come on in and stay a little while. . . you never know what you might find!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Eat. . . Peanut butter cookies

This has to be the easiest biscuit recipe ever!! It would even be easy for a 3 year old, and I wonder why it has taken me all these years to get around to trying it?! I think probably because it looks so utterly simple that I didn't trust that it would work. . . and yet it does! I made these last week and they are some of the most delicious biscuits I have ever tasted. . . an instant hit with all the family, and even my work colleagues :) As an added bonus, they are dairy and wheat-free, so it's good to bear that in mind if you have someone with special dietary requirements coming round for coffee! Here's the recipe:

Peanut Butter Cookies (12 - 15)


1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 large egg

Mix these three ingredients together. Spoon the mixture onto a well greased/lined baking tray. Leave room for them to spread. Press down each blob of dough with a fork. Bake for about 15 mins at 170C.

That's it! I still can't believe that something so incredibly simple can taste so good! Of course, you could include choc chips, raisins or other enhancements if you felt moved to do so, but they are perfectly delicious as they are. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment