Welcome

Welcome, nau mai, haere mai!
Come on in and stay a little while. . . you never know what you might find!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Knit. . . March yarnifications

Just one "yarnification" to report on from last month. . . an installation to celebrate the 100th anniversary of International Women's Day. More details and photos at Yarnificationz, this is just a quick summary. With the help of my lovely Wifie (who knitted the i-cord for 3 ♀) I knitted and assembled a total of 18 inter-linked♀ symbols and strung them up at the Nelson Women's House. My idea was that the ♀ symbols were all different sizes and colours, just like us women, but they had a strength and beauty in their diversity. . .

 I also knitted an International Women's Day logo and attached that to one of the verandah posts. . .

Judging by the comment on my Yarnificationz blog, the staff and volunteers at Nelson Women's House appreciated my efforts :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment