Welcome

Welcome, nau mai, haere mai!
Come on in and stay a little while. . . you never know what you might find!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Knit. . . Cross stitch scarf, monster vest and some socks

cross stitch scarf, made from a gorgeously soft merino/silk yarn which I acquired at one of our Nelson Yarn Swaps last year.  Modelled here by the Wifie. . .


I cast this on during our Tiki Tour down south, as I needed something nice and easy for the journey and campsite evenings. This really fit the bill as it is extremely simple and only has two different rows of pattern. . .

Next up, I managed to finish a Milo vest, which has to be one of the most versatile baby/children's patterns around. This time I embellished it with a monster, to match the rug in the recipient's bedroom. . .



Super cute, eh?!!!

Last up, I finally finished a pair of socks for my Grandad's very good friend, as a thank you for all he does for my Grandad. I have been working on them since before Christmas! Dull and utilitarian they might be, but hopefully just the thing for a man of over 80! Not that I am saying men over 80 are dull and utilitarian, you understand?! As a bit of interest I decided to try out a new heel construction method, using Cat Bordhi's sweet tomato heel. It is very different to the traditional heel flap I am used to with top-down socks, but was easy enough once I had got the idea, and certainly fits well.


Even better, it works with either toe-up or top-down socks, so may just become my go-to heel in future. . .

Working on a couple of other projects at the moment, including a secret project and a mystery knit-along shawl. More details on those soon. . .

3 comments:

  1. The scarf yarn is beautiful, and I love the cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. Can you post the pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in replying. There is a link to the pattern above, if you click where it says "Cross stitch scarf" right at the start of the post. It's a pattern by Margaret Halas from the book "101 Designer One Skein Wonders" edited by Judith Durant. Hope that helps.

      Delete